Cascading 3 DropDown Lists

Mar 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Great Post! I have managed to get this working for 2 drop down lists. When I attempt to have 3 drop down lists (cdd1, and cdd2) I can't seem to get the third one to filter based on the second one once it has been filtered by the first one. Any help will be appreciated.

I am using MOSS 2007/WSS 3.0.

Thanks

Mar 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Okay sorry, I figured it out, was something to do with the way the fields were named.

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Great if you got it working :)

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:36 AM

Hello gomiunik, great post... I just sent across a message to you, that I am recounting here.

I have two seperate cascades that need to filter into a result list. All projects for a particular customer and all task types for a particular job.

There are two disjointed cascades here

1. Customer  -> Project : all projects carried out for a particular customer (customer A - home1, home2, commercial bldg1... etc.)

2. Job Category -> Task Types : all taks types for a particulat job category (carpentry - roof truss, doors, windows... plumbing - kitchen, bathroom, backyard... etc.)

As you can see, these are two disjointed sets of cascades. When I tried using your script, and two separate instances, it still didn't work. I uploaded two separate .js files and used 2 separate CEWPs and linked them separately and it still didn't work. I am sure I am not doing this the right way. Please, please help.

Thanks.

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:17 AM

akz_8907.. you found the solution or not?

gomiunik...this solution can work on 4 or more lists or not?

Oct 14, 2010 at 6:03 AM
aizam wrote:

akz_8907.. you found the solution or not?

gomiunik...this solution can work on 4 or more lists or not?

i have atleast 5 item that needs to be filter.. i've follow the instruction 1 by 1 but it doesnt seems working.. can you help me by providing the actual way how to do it for more than 2 item? 1 list consist of 2 columns. please give your feedback asap..

thanks!!