Deployment in SP 2010

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:29 AM

I can't get webpart configured in the right way. Because I don't know where I should place the link to the java script-file within SP2010. Also the following steps are unclear. Can you describe the deployment steps for SP2010.

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Hi,

You need to use 2 files: one with source code from this site and second with the code to include the js file and create the cascading like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Xaps/spcd.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var ccd1 = new cascadeDropdowns("Market", "Stores possible values", "Market", "Stores", "LinkTitle");
</script>

In the Content Editor WP set the property to link with the file containing code above.

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I'm curious to know what you mean by "two files".  I have the file spcd.js in shared documents.  I have a test list to test out the cascading lookup.  I choose the edit tools in the ribbon for the test list List -> List Tools and choose Modify Form Web Parts in the Customize List tools.  I choose Default new form and click on the box that lets you add a new web part. Here I add a content editor web part and make sure it appears below the web part with the the test list which has the entry fields where I want the filtering to happen when someone adds a new list item. I click in the content editor web part and from the ribbon I choose Edit HTML source.  In this box I add the script tag with the source and the script tag that has the var and the new cascadeDropdowns.  I close and apply everything.  I have referenced my lists and lookup fields correctly and one of two things happens a)No filtering takes place b) I get an error dialog saying that there was a problem with the request.  I'm using SharePoint 2010, MOSS not WSS. So far it does not work. 

I have a list Controlled Record Type with field Title

I have a list Record Disposition List with a lookup field called Record Type that points to Title in the first list and a field called Description

I have a Test Filter List with a lookup called Record Type that points back to Controlled Record Type.Title and a lookup field called Description that points back to Record Disposition List.Description.  Description should be filtered by the choice of Record Type.

It doesn't work.  What am I missing here?

Thanks