(None) Value

May 20, 2011 at 5:20 PM
Edited May 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM

I have some cascading dropdowns in a document library.  I have found a small problem that seems to cause the js to terminate.

When an option is selected in the parent drop down that has no associated value(s) in the child dropdown, the entire operation stops working after that.  If you then select a parent value that does have a value, it is not displayed in the child drop down unless the page is refreshed and that parent value is selected first.  Is this a known issue that there is a solution to?

This may be realated:
When i originally set this up, I had a typo in my code for the parent lookup column that was causing the filtering not to work.  When this filtering was not working all of my dropdowns inclueded a (none) value.  Once I had the filtering working correctly, even the child lookups no longer had the (none) value at the top of the dropdown list.  Is there a way to make this (none) value re-appear, or can somebody assist me with adding code so there there is an automatic null value at the top of the list that has no filtering properties?

Thanks.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find the solution? I'll poke around and see if I can't figure it out, but your not alone with the issue.