Working across sites

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:31 PM

The solution works great with a master list I have in my top site.  I have all the lookup value lists defined at the top site also along with a custom content type for the list.  However, when setting up a list exactly the same way in a sub-site, the lookups do not function as they should and the web page reports "a problem with the request".

Attempts at debugging the script are not giving very good indicators as to what the issue is but I think it might be due to the cross site nature of the lookup lists vs. the operational list.  Has anyone else experienced this type of scenario with similar issues?

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Yes, although I'm not receiving any error messgae, the cascading effect just does not work. Are you using the GUID for the list name? The SPCD works great at one level, but the next level down they do not although the built-in SP LUs still work fine.

Aug 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Just fixed it. I seem to simply have had a bad reference to the javascript text file. Works ace now.

Tx Boris 

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Sorry for this delay but I was away last week.  A bad reference to to the created javascript linked to from the CEWP or the reference to spcd.js within that file?  I dropped both of these files into the SiteAssets library on my top site and the links seem to be fine but no working lookups until I actually put a copy of the referenced lists down at the sub-site level. 

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I got this to work by using the list GUID.  That seems to have forced its hand and now it seems to resolve no matter the sub-site level in the site collection.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Roger that Blargon7, yes to avoid issues I always use  the GUID. In my case I simply was pointing to a wrong path.

CW